Review: Trust Me I'm Lying - Mary Elizabeth Summer


Trust Me, I'm Lying (Trust Me, #1)

Review: Trust Me , Im Lying - Book #1 Trust Me Series - Mary Elizabeth Summer - October 2014
One of my favorite books to read are mysteries and suspense novels. Trust Me; I'm Lying had me wanting it from the fact that the main character Julep Dawn and her father were con artists. Julep which as we discover isn't her real name was brought up by her con artist and thief father after her mother disappeared when she was a child. Julep attends St Agnes Prep School and dreams of attending an Ivy League College and making a name for herself and a proper career. To do this, she must blend in and stay under the radar and also at the same time earn enough money to stay at St Agnes. To make the cash, she is a fixer and students pay her to fix their problems no matter how big or small, and on the side, she also makes fake IDs. I loved this book as I am a big fan of characters like Veronica Mars and Julep reminded me of her.  The book starts with Julep's father going missing, and she is sent on a treasure hunt filled with riddles. Armed with her best friend and sidekick Sam and newcomer Tyler, Julep will try to uncover what exactly is going on and where her father is as he wouldn't abandon her as her mother did. I have to admit; I loved the part where she kept having connections back to her mother's real life and OMG the tuition cheque part at the end and those final words. I now can't wait to read Book # 2; I am hoping though that we get to see or read about her mother's life and what happened to her. Fans of Nancy Drew, Veronica Mars and even Pretty Little Liars will love Mary Elizabeth Summer's book "Trust Me, I'm Lying".





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid