Review: Lovechild - M.K Ritter


Lovechild



Review: Lovechild - Book #1 Lovechild Series - M.K Ritter - April 2014



I was in the mood for a high school novel and thought that this one sounded interesting as it also had the main character going into a sort of witness protection programme. Lovechild starts with Blakely Bennett discovering that she is in fact adopted and the child of celebrities Mason and Sophia. This has been a shock to Blakely as she never thought she would be adopted. To make matters worst though, Blakely is now the target of a stalker who wants Mason and will kill everyone who stands in their way which now includes Mason's newfound daughter. Blakely is put into a whirlwind and sent to Eastbrooke Academy where she is given a new surname and sent to a private school that is hidden away. Once Blakely arrives, she meets Slade who happens to be a hottie. However, Blakely is about to be at the end of the Ice Queen's wrath as Slade is her ex-boyfriend.  I have to admit, I hated this part of the book, and I had been hoping to enjoy it, but it was like as soon as she arrived - she went immediately into this crazed love teen, and all the boys wanted her. I also hated the character of Rhys as the way he pursued Blakely and acted around her was total overkill and I found all the kids at this school to be too dramatic, and all they were interested in was hooking up with one another and partying and playing with each other's feelings. Then near the end, Blakely receives a note about the stalker and how he's harmed her Dad. This was a big moment, and I was like OMG, but it felt so minimal and played down in the book. It was almost like my high school life is more important than finding out my Dad has been killed by a stalker.  I am now in two minds about reading Book #2 as I want to see how it finishes but also not sure if I can handle more of the petty drama and angst of the teens.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid