VBT #: Just Things - Erin Lee



Just Things

Review: Just Things - Book #1 Diary of a Serial Killer- Erin Lee - May 2017

I had previously read a few of Erin Lee's books and loved them. I had found her like the teen version of Torey Hayden who writes true stories of tragic lives and children that she has counseled. So when I saw this one, I was excited as it touched the base of a few of my other favorite things to read or read about - Diaries and Serial Killers. Unfortunately, I think for me I had built up the hype of this book in my head and found it wasn't as good as I was expecting. I did however still managed to finish it and found it interesting as an insight into the serial killer's mind and also the cop who had an obsession with this case due to his own sister's disappearance. I think too that I was hoping for a connection between the detective - Florel Ross, the Serial Killer - Jimmie and Sarah - the detective's missing twin sister but there was none.  Often Serial Killers and male ones at that, supposedly have their issues stemmed from childhood abuse, bad mothers and that's why they target their victims. Jimmie's mother was a collector, and Jimmie had a too close relationship with his mother which fit the profile of a serial killer , but of course Just Things also shows the charming side of psychopaths and how often they get away with things, because they are the least expected due to either their charming and persuasive nature or they are viewed as shy, demure and weak and often have a disability. If you too have a fascination with criminology and psychology, then check out Book #1 Just Things - The Diary of a Serial Killer by Erin Lee today.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid