Review: Geek Actually - Episode #1 - WTF - Cathy Yardley



WTF (Geek Actually #1.1)

Review: Geek Actually - Episode #1 - WTF - Cathy Yardley - June 2017

As soon as I saw this book on Netgalley, I knew I had to read it as I too am a geek and proud of it. I am a book geek, a movie geek and love my superheroes and also am a big fan of what I call Geek Chic Lit. In Geek Actually, we meet four best friends who all one way or another fall into the geek world. We have Michelle who is a book publisher and her OTT geek loving boss Gwen , Aditi who is Michelle's friend and an author with her publishing company , Christina who is Michelle's sister and works as a PA on film sets around Hollywood , Taneesha who works as a Game coder and Elli who is flighty and dreams for cosplay and conventions. In WTF, Elli and Taneesha are going through career changes and Michelle and Aditi butt heads. I found that this book focused more on Elli - now that she has earned enough money for her next convention and cosplay outfit - it's sayonara to the coffee shop. Taneesha's gaming company has just been brought out by a major mogul, and she has been asked to come on board, but of course, it looks like she is there to be a glorified staff member. Michelle and Aditi are going through their trials and tribulations from moving out husbands, cheating and deadlines looming.  I found Geek quite a fast read and enjoyable as I could relate to some of what the characters are going through. I am looking forward to reading more of Geek Actually as it is released as currently I only have access to the first three episodes. Geek Actually - perfect for the inner geek in all of us.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid