Review: Losing Hope - Heidi Lis



Losing Hope

Review: Losing Hope - Heidi Lis - March 2017

I have to admit when I picked up this book, I was in the mood for an ugly cry novel . This did touch me a bit but wasn't as an emotional ride as I had expected it would be. The book starts on the day of Hope's birthday and her ex-boyfriend contacts her , she goes over to his house and an argument erupts. Hope's mother arrives and then on the way home , disaster strikes. Months later , Hope is trying to piece back her life after tragedy struck . On the day she feels she is ready to move on, she heads to the cemetery and meets Ian. Ian makes Hope happy and full of life again and things are going great , that is until Ian is offered an opportunity for his career and he disappears for the next nine months.  Hope starts to withdraw again without Ian and her best friend hopes to draw her out and takes her to a bar . This is where Hope meets D. D is the epitome of her favourite book boyfriend Adam and readers are intrigued , that is until D's name is revealed and we await with bated breath.  Hope sends an email to Ian and starts eventually dating D and things start to look up as she has this amazing guy but voila he comes with baggage and it's definitely baggage that Hope doesn't need. I have to admit, I did feel for Hope as after everything that happened it's like bad luck seems to follow her everywhere.  I have to admit , I was a little disappointed when we discover the "bad thing" that Hope's ex-boyfriend Damien did as it was a bit of a let-down after the hype but something that I did love was the ending and it fitted nicely as often in the wake of tragedy and bad luck , we need little bright spots to make life worth living otherwise we are constantly losing hope which can end with deathly consequences.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid