Review: The Academy : Introductions - C.L Stone


Introductions (The Ghost Bird, #1)

Review: The Academy: Introductions - Book #1 The Ghost Bird Series - C.L Stone - December 2012


This is one series where I have had this book sitting on my Kindle since September 2013, just over three years. It's one of those series that I kept meaning to read but never got around to it. Until now as was thinking about C.L Stone and her The Academy series in the weekend and today I finally got around to reading the first book. I have to admit that it was different to what I had been expecting. Different in a good way though as I loved the first book. The other thing that was great was that even though we are introduced to a whole bunch of characters, the author had written the book in a way that we weren't overwhelmed or confused. Each character was talked about enough that we were able to identify each one in a distinct way. The main character is Sang - she has just moved into the neighborhood with her sister Maria who by the way, I disliked her as she was a stirrer and her Mother who is a paranoid cow - I hated her mother as she was just plain evil and deserves to be put in her place. With each confrontation Sang had with her Mother, I held my breath hoping that Sang would be alright. Introductions is definitely that sort of book where we Sang is introduced to all the main characters from Kota - who seems like the leader, Gabriel who is obsessed with Hair, Victor - the musical talent, Silas - the tall, quiet one, Luke - the friendly one, North - the bad boy and Nathan - the sporty one. Also near the end of Introductions, we meet Dr. Green and the mysterious Blackbourne. We also discover a little about the boys' background and The Academy.  This is written for the older YA audience in mind, and for those who read it, nothing major happens, but it's a character development book and the whole idea of the seven boys being there for Sang just draws you in and makes you want to read more. I am now excited to start the next book in the series and OMG that cliffhanger argh. Am so hoping that the punishment won't be devastating.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid