MADVENT CALENDAR # DAY 7 - Top Ten Xmas Movies To Check Out


On the 7th Day of Christmas ,The Phantom Paragrapher Gave to Me :
A Top Ten Collection of Christmas Movies  to Check Out.

For as long as I can remember, I have loved the thought of Christmas . Growing up , we had really good christmases with a few lucky big family ones . Then sadly , I turned 22/23 and Christmas in my household became the worst as that was the year in October , that my family would fall apart and my Dad had never really been a Xmas person anyway and with no really extended family around. It just became another day and I have to say I hate that part of Christmas as to me it should be the best day of the year. It got worst over the next few years as two years ago was when Christmas stopped for my family completely.  As my mum went into hospital on Xmas Eve and died four days later and just like that Xmas ceased to exist in my household. I see other families and friends talking about their big family get togethers and I yearn for that again .  I do know though that it is one thing when I get my own family, I will totally be bringing Christmas back and it will be the most amazing Christmas one could ever have.

One of my favourite Christmas traditions , that I have kept close to my heart is watching the Christmas movies and like a few of you I have my favourites.
So for readers today, I share with you A Top Ten Collection of Christmas Movies to Check Out these Holidays. 

 

1.  Home Alone - There is just something about the fun young Macaulay Culkin and his Home Alone Xmas Mischief.
Home Alone

 

2. Home Alone 2 : Lost in New York.  The last of the Macaulay Culkin Versions. When I went to New York, I actually visited some of the sites that featured in this film.
Home Alone 2: Lost In New York

3. Santa With Muscles - One of my favourite movies of all-time and a must watch is "Santa With Muscles" featuring Hulk Hogan.
 

4. I'll Be Home for Christmas - Featuring the gorgeous Jonathan Taylor- Thomas , of whom when this movie came out I had the biggest crush on him.


5. Jingle All The Way - Another favourite childhood crush of mine was on the Actor Arnold Schwarnegger and one of my favourite movies was not Terminator but Jingle All the Way.
Favourite Part Ever - "OMG , My Dad's Turbo-Man".



6. The Long Kiss Goodnight
- So this is one that can be debated whether it falls into the category of being an actual Christmas film, but I agree being set at Christmas Time is all  the requirement it needs.
Favourite Part - When Geena Davis starts chopping the veges with the knife quickly and I was like , I must have been a chef - it's like nope lady, more like Assassin.


7. The Holiday - Where Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz decide to swap houses for The Holiday Christmas Period.
 
One I watched recently was A Crown For Christmas.

 



9. Richie Rich's Christmas Wish - Another favourite film growing up was the sequel to Richie Rich titled "Richie Rich's Christmas Wish" featuring David Gallagher from 7th Heaven.

10. ABC Family Christmas Movies. - Like with Hallmark Christmas Movies, another favourite channel is ABC Family Movies . One favourite from last year's viewing was Christmas Bounty.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid