Review: How to Kill Yourself - C.V Hunt



 

Review: How to Kill Yourself - C.V Hunt - October 2012

Have you ever A) brought a book because the cover was awesome and B) continued reading a book till the very last page because it was the weirdest thing you have ever come across ? For me , I fell in too both categories as I have a thing for covers and the pink hair attracted me. Second of all, I have read a lot of books - more than most people and I have to say that How to Kill Yourself by C.V Hunt was the MOST WEIRDEST Book I have ever read and at the end of it I was still like Huh ??? ok what the hell just happened. Even at the end of this novel, I still really didn't have an actual clue of what had happened. The novel starts off with this chick having bad drugs and her hand going black and dying , so bad she has to have it amputated but she doesn't want to , she just wants more drugs . Then it flicks to her waking up in a hospital and her hand is gone and she meets a Vampire in a ghost like town . The chick turns out to be Death and she is in a relationship with Diavol who I think is the Devil and the way it was written I was like Ok, is this a lesbian relationship - who knows ?? Apparently whoever has the hand rules Hell and Death keeps wanting to escape as she prefers Earth. They have lots of children and even Jesus of Nazareth pops up for a short while and I was like Ok, isn't he supposed to be in Heaven not Hell ?? Then Death turns up again with a sidekick - a girl with pink hair who turns out to be suicide - she plants thoughts into Death and Diavol's children and everyone commits suicide in Hell and then it gets odd again and then it ends and the reader if you are like me is left thinking alright WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED ????
Normally, I wouldn't have written a review as this is the hardest book to write a review about but it was sooo damn weird that I had to write something and in fairness I did manage to finish the whole book.
How To Kill Yourself by C.V Hunt , will be one of those books that you A) either love or hate and B) you either get it or you don't - there is no middle ground with this novel.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid