VBT# The Samantha Project Series - Stephanie Karpinske




Today's VBT# Stop on The Phantom Paragrapher is Book#1 in Stephanie's series "The Samantha Project" also titled the same as the series.
 
Review: The Samantha Project - Book#1 The Samantha Project Trilogy - Stephanie Karpinske-December 2012.

Growing up life for Samantha was perfect . She got the good grades, the perfect boyfriend, she was never bad and seemed to have luck on her side and even better she had scored herself an early admission to Stanford. However , life for Samantha wasn't always destined to be perfect when at first little strange things started occuring like extra sensitive hearing and then a strange old man appeared at her work - knowing all about Sam and then later that week , Sam's life was turned upside down when her parents were killed in a car crash. But was the car crash an accident or did someone want Samantha's parents dead and out of the way ? Who is Samantha really and what is her purpose in life ?
Life for Samantha is about to change and not for the best , everything she has ever known will be questioned and she will along with friends start the journey of a lifetime for answers and survival.
If you love genetics and modification stories , then head now and pick up your copy of Book#1 in the Samantha Project Trilogy - "The Samantha Project".


 
  


Excerpt 2
I was deep in thought when I heard a voice nearby.
“Hey, there. Brittany, right?” It was Erik, the boy from the diner. The boy from my dream.
I stood up, startled to see him. “What are you doing here? I thought you graduated.” I felt excited and a little nervous seeing him again.  
“Yeah. I graduated last year.”
“I’ll be 18 in a few weeks,” I said, not sure why I was telling him my age. I felt my cheeks turning red.
Erik laughed. “Um, okay. So don’t you need to get to class?”
“Oh, um, no. Not just yet.” I couldn’t stop staring at this guy. Images from my dream were flooding my head. Just seeing him again was making my heart beat faster.
“You seem nervous. Are you okay?” He smiled and gently touched my arm. The instant his hand hit my skin, I felt a jolt of energy go through me. He must have felt it too because he quickly backed away.
“Sorry about that. The air must be dry. Static shock, you know,” Erik said, trying to break the tension. “Here, I feel bad about that. Let’s try this again. Hi, I’m Erik.” He stretched his hand out. I went to accept his handshake, but when our hands met, we each felt another jolt of energy. It wasn’t as jarring that time, but more of a synchronized energy flow from him to me and back. It was like nothing I had felt before.
We looked at each other unable to speak.
“Erik, I think the truck is fixed now. We can get going.” I heard Jack’s voice behind me. “Anything wrong, Erik?” Jack’s question seemed to have some hidden meaning.
“No. I just saw Brittany here and thought I’d say hello.” Erik said “Brittany” in a strange tone.
Jack picked up on the change in tone. “And did you learn anything new about Brittany? Seems like you didn’t quite remember her from school.”
I didn’t like the way the two of them were talking in some type of secret code. Something was up with them. I looked around to see nothing but farmland. If I was in danger, my only way to get away from them would be to run to the school. I was sure they would catch me, but I decided to try. As I turned to run, Jack grabbed my arm and jabbed it with something. Within seconds, I was lightheaded and then everything went black.

 

If your books were made into a movie and you could cast anyone you wanted, who would you pick?

Samantha (and Brittany)
Lyndsy Fonseca



Colin
Robbie Amell

Erik
Trevor Donovan




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid