Review: Spies and Prejudice - Talia Vance


 

Looking for a Spy Girl novel to read ?
Needing a new series to discover ?

 

Review: Spies and Prejudice - Talia Vance - June 2013
When I managed to score an ARC of Spies and Prejudice from Netgalley, I was over the moon as I had , had my eye on this book for months now but when I opened it - the book was totally different than what I had expected. I had expected from the title and what I had heard briefly about it - a modern spy rendition of Pride and Prejudice when in fact to me if I read hard enough and thought hard enough I could possibly make connections but it was more of a teen girl Spy Novel more than a modern rendition. Thank goodness though that I am a fan of this as I LOVE the former TV Show Veronica Mars and own all three seasons and have watched the DVDs on numerous occasions. In Spies and Prejudice we meet the main character Strawberry Fields aka Berry who has been working since she was eleven for her father's PI business , when out on surveillance - she spots her best friend's dad with an interesting bit of paper "a letterhead" with her dead mother's name on it. Soon Berry will uncover a conspiracy that has been hidden for eight years to whether or not her mother's death was an accident or not ?  Spies and Prejudice is your average teen girl read from Spies to Hot Boys to High School and Parties.
I do look forward to seeing whether or not Talia will take this book further and make it into a series. This book would have gotten a 5, but it was lacking the Austen Factor of which was the main reason I was so excited about reading the book in the first place.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid