Review: Easy - Tammara Webber


 
If you are like me , then you are finding yourself loving this whole "New Adult" category ?
Get ready for another book which will be making my favourite list ...
 
Review: Easy - Tammara Webber - November 2012 ( Reprinted February 2013)
WOW , I don't know what it is but everytime I read a book in this NA category I keep getting blown away. As they are amazing and speaks right to the heart of the reader. Easy is another book that all my facebook friends in the group BA had already read , so I got it and it sat until I felt the urge to read it and OMG I am so glad I got around to it as it was truly awesome.
Easy starts off in a way that reminded me of the teen book "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson which is also a movie of the same name starring Kristen Stewart. It is about a girl who goes to a party with friends only to find herself almost the victim of a rape , had it not been for her dark knight Lucas. Soon Jacqueline, starts to see Lucas everywhere and we read as she starts to fall for him , however Lucas has a secret which if it was revealed could put their feelings at risk and in jeopardy. It seems though that Jacqueline is also falling for another guy - her tutor Landon whom she contacts only via email. What will happen when Jacqueline gets up the guts to meet Landon after months of commmunication ? What will be her reaction , when she discovers who he really is ?
The second major part of this novel is focused on the issue of Rape , as though Jacqueline managed to escape not once but twice , others in the novel are not that lucky. Can Jacqueline become a role model to those unlucky ones and help them speak up for the truth or will she succumb to peer pressure and take the easy route out ?
Easy by Tammara Webber will in places pull at your heart-strings and you will find yourself aching for certain characters.
If you enjoyed Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, then you will enjoy Easy by Tammara Webber.
 
# Lucas is another addition to my Fictional Boyfriend List . Will you be Team Lucas/Team Landon or Team Kennedy ?

 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid