Review: Burning Blue - Paul Griffin


 
Looking for a new teen book to read ? One that is just as fabulous as it's cover ? This is one book where I fell in love with the cover first and story second.
Review: Burning Blue - Paul Griffin- October 2012
Normally, I am pretty onto it when we get new books in the library but the day we got this book I must have been away. I saw this come through the returns slot at work and as soon as I saw the cover I knew I just had to read it.  At first glance, I thought this book was going to be a dystopian sort of novel similar to Robin Wasserman's Lia Series with Frozen, Torn etc but it turned out to be a mystery novel as the main character Nicole Castro - the most prettiest girl is attacked and half her face ends up burnt by acid , school bullying has taken to a new level in Burning Blue as along with her newfound friend Jay . Nicole will discover who did this too her , if there is a serial acid thrower on the loose and why it was done and what she did to ever deserve something like this ?
This novel also shows that when the going gets tough, it is the time where we discover who our true friends are and who really does like us for simply being ourselves and who is in it for the other benefits like the perks of popularity.
A great read and I look forward to discovering other books by Paul Griffin.

 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid