St Patricks Day - Spotlight on Irish Authors


As we come to celebrate the day of all things Irish with St Patrick's Day -March 17th , I figured as I am wanting to try and do more themed posts etc rather than just book reviews this year that I will do an author spotlight on  my Top 5 favourite Irish Writers.

One of my all-time favourite Mystery/Thriller writers is Ken Bruen with his main character Irishman Jack Taylor.
For many women Cecelia Ahern is a favourite Irish chick Lit author with her book PS I Love you being made into a movie, for many that is their favourite book but myself I have always coveted her book Where Rainbows End and just recently I heard rumours that it is being made into a movie. This is one book that will forever and always be in my Top 5 list.
This I did not know , Did you know that Bram Stoker , creator of Dracula was in fact Irish.
I'm not normally a big Biography reader as I prefer to stick to fiction , but one of my favourite Biographies is Angela's Ashes and Teacher Man by Irishman Frank McCourt.

And last but not least, for those moments when I feel the need to relax and read the same books as my mum does , Maeve Binchy. This was my favourite book by her as it to me was an Irish version of the film "The Holiday".




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid