VBT# Amongst the Ruins - Saewod Tice



Today's VBT# is author Saewod Tice ( An Interesting name) and her novel "Amongst the Ruins" which is part of a series titled "The Chronicles of 2020" . This tour is on behalf of Sizzling PR .


Synopsis: Amongst the Ruins - Book #1 The Chronicles of 2020- Saewod Tice- 2011
In the year 2220, only about 15% of Earth's population have survived and thrived after the Nuclear Disaster of 2020.
With the collapse of modern society, the population has regressed into eight clans.
Amongst these clans, an unusual girl grows from child to adult.
Raised on the run and in hiding, Shilo wants to be free of the expectations of women. But in a ruined world where anyone could be an enemy, only the radiation-twisted mutants are clearly identifiable. A fertile female is a precious treasure, and any lapse in caution can mean a loss of the freedom she longs for.
Training as hard as a soldier would, in order to free herself from social constraints, she finds herself faced with an offer from a new clan--an offer that provides her with what she desires. But her recently found independence brings discovery, and discovery brings two very different men from her past—and each of them is determined to claim her.
One is obsessed with owning her, the other desires her as the only person who can make him love again.

Hello, my name is Saewod, and I’m a 2010 NaNo Fail



With NaNoWriMo hurling down upon those crazy enough to participate this year- like myself- I’d like to take a moment to address some of our largest hurdles and fears.
Everyone knows the stress and pressure you feel during this hectic time. Some will find that they thrive on the pressure of a deadline. Others will find it to be too much. (This happened to me last year. That’s right- my name is Saewod Tice and I was a 2010 NaNo Fail.
Coming off of my first attempt and fail in 2010, I have to admit that I feel more prepared for tomorrow. However, I also have a bunch of fears mounting with each passing moment.
 Fear of mediocrity
 Fear of failure
 Fear of success
 Fear of criticism
 Fear of pain and effort
 Fear of commitment
 Fear of “Making a big deal out of myself by writing from the heart . . . ‘as if anyone wants to hear that’.”
 Fear of not knowing where to begin
 Fear of being stilted and uncreative
 Fear that I will work and work but never get published

So, perhaps some of them are a bit dramatic of me, but at least I’m being honest here.
Now, how does one deal with these fears? By remembering what NaNo is truly about – motivation.
The purpose of NaNoWriMo is to get your mind working, your creative juices flowing. Maybe you start out with an outline and/or an idea, but you venture off the beaten path and write something completely different. Or, maybe, you write pages and pages, line after line and reach your goal for NaNo victory. But then you read through what you wrote and its complete crap, except for one brilliant paragraph.
Those wandering story lines or glimpses of brilliance are what you want to spark. Once you’ve found it, fan that flame and go with it= regardless of what month it is.
Do I have a plan, an outline? Of course. Am I limiting myself to this one plan like last year? No way. I missed a great opportunity by letting me beat myself in the race to NaNo victory. There is no trophy, gold medal, or promised publishing contract. There is, however, opportunity.
So, are you a pantster or a planner?

Saewod Tice
Author of The Chronicles of 2020, Book One – Amongst the Ruins
Twitter: @saewodtice
Facebook: V Saewod Tice



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid