Review: Jane Austen Made Me Do It - Various Authors



Are you a fan of Jane Austen's tales ? Do you consider yourself an Janeite or an Austenite ? I have always been fascinated with modern renditions of classics and have found the tales of Jane Austen exciting as new authors try to play on them. Today's book reminded me of the short story collection "What Judy Blume Taught Me" and it is "Jane Austen Made me Do it ".
Review: Jane Austen Made Me Do It - Various Authors- October 2011
Growing up , I have always been a Jane Austen fan and have loved to read any form of Literature associated with her books , so when I saw this anthology come up on Netgalley for review , I just had to read it :) and I'm glad I did as I loved it.
Jane Austen Made Me Do It is the perfect short story collection for any fan of Jane Austen whether you prefer to stick to the originals or like me have a fancy for the renditions like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Prada and Prejudice etc. This collection of stories features favourite historical fiction authors and authors that have featured tales of Jane Austen in their very own novels."My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." Ifyou just heaved a contented sigh at Mr. Darcy's heartfelt words, then you, dear reader, are in good company. Here is a delightful collection of never-before-published stories inspired by Jane Austen-her novels, her life, her wit, her world.
 Ever wondered whether Jane Austen's characters loved the predictaments that Jane wrote them in ? Syrie James -author of the book "The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen" brings the tale of Jane Austen's Nightmare to A Night at Northanger which brings in a bit of 80's Ghostbusters theme with The Pink Carnation series author Lauren Willig , I loved this as a fan of Vampire Novels and Gothic Novels - Northanger Abbey is like one of the originals , though not in a Vampire Diaries way. From Valentine Series author Adriana Trigiani , she decides to play on the fact that as we all know there is alot of old-fashioned letter writing in Jane's novels , so she has written her tale in the form of a Letter of Congratulations from Aunt Jane to her niece Anna. From the fun-loving author Beth Pattillo whose titles include Jane Austen Ruined my Life and Mr Darcy Broke my Heart has had a slight change of mind with her story titled "When Only a Darcy will Do".
Other Authors include :
Lauren Willig •Adriana Trigiani • Jo Beverley • Alexandra Potter • Laurie Viera Rigler • Frank Delaney & Diane Meier • Syrie James • Stephanie Barron • Amanda Grange• Pamela Aidan • Elizabeth Aston • Carrie Bebris • Diana Birchall • Monica Fairview • Janet Mullany • Jane Odiwe • Beth Pattillo • Myretta Robens • Jane Rubino and Caitlen Rubino-Bradway • Maya Slater • Margaret C. Sullivan • and the winner of astory contest hosted by the Republic of Pemberley website and many more in this wonderful Jane Austen Collection of Tales.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid