We're doing the Book Blogger Hop :)

Sorry Readers, that this is late, The Question that normally gets put up on Friday was not put up till Saturday my time :), Never fear though as we are still alive and the hoppity hop is still hopping.

Today'S Question:

"When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move to your next title?"


                                                                    Today's Answer:
 
As a book blogger or even as a reader, this is an age old question. As I get so many books to read and review and its just plain little ol' me , Im one of those readers that if I can't get stuck into a book , then I won't finish it. However, talking to a book blogger and author. They gave me a bit of advice- that in order to write a good review , you really only have to read the first 4 chapters and the last couple of chapters as even then you at least have gained an overview of the story. So if I really really can't get into a book, that's what I do. My main philosophy when it comes to reading and Im sure some of you have seen this written down is that why waste your time on a book that's going nowhere , when there are so many more wonderful and fabulous books/titles/authors waiting to be read , beckoning you as you walk on by. However , if I really really really x3 cannot get into a book, then I won't bother reading and reviewing it. As for me , a couple of books I tried and tried to read but couldn't get into no matter what and how many times I tried was The Girl who played with fire. For the love of me , I couldn't make it past chapter 3 and The Passage by Justin Cronin. However in saying all this, its very rare that I can't get into a book and not write a review.
 
                                                          Question For Readers:
 
What was the last book that you tried to read and no matter what, A) couldn't get into it or B) felt like chucking it against the wall with frustration ?
 

Comments

  1. Paradise Lost is the one title I felt compelled to finish, holding tight to keep from tossing the volume the entire time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the Blog Hop

    Nice blog and very good advice from your author/blogger friends. I have to remember that.

    The last book I read or tried to read that I could get into was Perfection by Julie Metz. I think I read the same paragraph for days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to not read books that I don't think I'll like, so I'm having a really difficult time remembering the last one I wanted to throw! There have been a few books though that I kept reading because I knew everyone else loved them and I kept hoping to love them too - Shiver, for instance.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, on of Jodi Piccoult's I suspect, and probbaly felt both A and B :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Evanne - I have not yet ventured to Paradise Lost, it seems to be one of those books to be read in the back of my head on the list of eventuals lol.
    @Sapphire - I got Perfection out when it first came to work as the blurb sounded wonderful -but I couldnt get into it either.
    @Cristin - Funny you should mention Shiver , as I tried to read it when it first was released but couldnt , so now with the third book released- Ive decided to try and re-read the first book.
    @bookdout - Ive read all but one of Jodi Picoults, I tried to read it but found it was going nowhere and didnt have a strong plot, I later found out that it was her very first book "Song of the Humpback Whale".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping back to say hi and thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hia.

    I usually go to about 100 pages before I let myself give up on a book- if I have even the slightest interest I carry on. The is how it was with The Hunchback of Notredame. At around 90 pages it began to get a little interesting (or should I say there was actually a story rather than lots of rambing, waffling and ranting) so by page 100 I decided I could carry on seeing as I wanted to see what would happen next. I turned the page and he was off ranting again, I was so frustrated at not finding out and at his incessant ranting that I actually threw the book across the room. I still have it though, just in case

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid