I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It - Adam Selzer


Today's October Halloween read is a book of Zombies, Werewolves and Vampires but mainly Zombies.


                                                              I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It

                          Review : I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It - Adam Selzer - 2010

With the rise of Vampires and Werewolves even Fallen Angels and Demons in Literature, It’s not at all surprising that Zombies want a bit of the action as they have been feeling a tad left out as when we think of Zombies, they don’t exactly sound scorching hot and hunky. However Dan Waters, with his Generation Dead series has opened the door for Zombies to become hot stuff as today’s book with a title eerily similar to one of Katy Perry’s song “I Kissed a Zombie , and I Liked It” by Adam Selzer


In I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked it we are presented with a world that is in a post-human stage where Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies have been living amongst the human race and now they like the gay in this book Peter have decided to come out of the closet in a different outfit. Main character Alley is known around the school as “the Ice queen” due to her hard-hitting newspaper table as all of her friends are on the school newspaper and we all know how harsh newspaper writers can be, remember Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls and her review of the Ballet where she called the performer a hippo. When Alley has to review a band @ The Cage just because they have a Vampire as the drummer she is not at all impressed – as Alley has a “no dating the dead” policy.

However, this is all about to change when she hears the guest performer Doug, for Alley she is versmotchen (smitten in her Yiddish made-up language which features throughout the book). When Alley realises he is a Zombie, she wants to break it off but soon realises that she has fallen hard for him and that when she kissed him, she liked it. Soon Alley finds herself stuck between the Vampires and Zombies as the monsters don’t believe in mixed relationships and now that Alley is 18, she can convert, but does Alley wish to in the long run or will Doug talk her into choosing the better decision which hurts but will be best for the both of them.

The ending was definitely not what I expected as the twist of events played out and I got a shock when I read the Epilogue.

I Kissed a Zombie, and I liked it by Adam Selzer is a must read for those fans of Generation Dead by Dan Walters.

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVED this book. I was lucky enough to do an interview with Adam (It is under Featured Authors at the top of my blog, if you are interested in reading it.)

    I have yet to read Generation Dead, but I just received a copy so I guess I should get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Flippin Fab : Sounds good, will check it out :). I loved the Generation Dead Trilogy by Dan Waters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this book but I've picked it up a couple of times at my local bookstore. I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed it and I'll have to grab it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid